Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Let Me Be Your Advocate

Having someone on your side who knows the right questions to ask is crucial.

I think the only thing worse than not knowing the right questions to ask is not knowing if the answers you get are accurate, complete or even truthful.

I run into this same dilemma every time I take my car in for service. Outside of the basics, the mechanic can convince me that I won’t even make it home without an expensive repair because my knowledge of auto mechanics is minimal.

A good solution for me is to bring along a friend who is more familiar with the inner workings of autos. Once the mechanic realizes that he or she is speaking with someone knowledgeable, it is less likely that they will propose a repair that is unnecessary or overcharge.

One of the services I offer my clients is to be their advocate when speaking with an individual making an alternate proposal. I know exactly what questions need to be asked and the answers that should be forthcoming.

All parties involved should be present on a conference call, so there is no “he said, she said” and everyone hears the same thing. On my end, I also welcome anyone the client would like to have present during our discussions, so that any questions they have are also addressed.

Once you have all of the pros and cons of each option, you have the tools to make a truly educated choice.

Remember that as long as whoever you are dealing with is being straight with you, you’ll know you are doing the right thing for your situation.

Paula Straub
http://www.savegainstax.com/
askpaula@savegainstax.com
760-917-0858

Fill out a Qualification Questionnaire and find out if you qualify to save capital gains tax at:
http://www.savegainstax.com/qq.html

No comments: